Detox ginger tea with honey is one of my favorite detox drink and water therapy.
When used in tea, ginger, which is both a spice and an herb, can help promote good health and a sense of well-being. Adding honey to your tea will give it a soothing taste and an added antioxidant. Honey helps your body fight unwanted effects from chemicals and pollution. Honey can boost your body’s immune system. Ginger and honey tea helps promote comfort and helps you on a chilly day to feel warm. Both honey and ginger in tea have health benefits.
The health benefits of honey and ginger spice include the following:
- Asthma: It is also believed that a mixture of honey and ginger, along with black pepper, is capable of treating or reducing the effects of asthma. It is a naturally soothing and anti-inflammatory mix that releases the tension and promotes the flow of oxygen to the lungs and the relaxation of the blood vessels in the lungs.
- Respiratory problems: The mixture of honey and ginger is an excellent expectorant and therefore provides instant relief to people suffering from cough, cold, sore throat, and runny nose.
- Cancer Management: Ginger has been linked recently to a reduction in nausea and vomiting that is associated with cancer and chemotherapy treatments. Patients often suffer debilitating nausea following these intense procedures, and they often turn to alternative solutions to eliminate it. Ginger speeds up the emptying of the stomach through its digestive properties, which can prevent the discomfort and probability of nausea. Nausea from chemotherapy is caused by cisplatin, a primary chemotherapy component, and ginger can balance out its powerful effects.
- Ginger has also been positively connected with reducing the nausea and vomiting that is associated with pregnancy and “morning sickness”. This, combined with the naturally soothing effects of honey, make for a powerful preventative solution to vomiting and nausea caused from various sources.
- Indigestion: Ginger and honey are also available in the form of ginger honey tonic. It is believed that this tonic or syrup is a good digestive aid due to the inherent digestive properties of ginger. Furthermore, both ginger and honey have antioxidant properties, thereby increasing the strength of the body’s immune system. Therefore, the consumption of one teaspoon of ginger and honey tonic is very useful for people who have a weak digestive system.
- Cancer Prevention: In terms of cancer prevention, studies have shown that the combination of honey and ginger result in chemo-preventive properties and the stimulus of antioxidant enzymes that reduce the chances of cancer growth and metastasis. Therefore, a honey ginger tonic, can not only help reduce the symptoms of chemotherapy, but also reduce the chances of getting cancer and needing the treatments in the first place.
- Heart Health: The antioxidant properties of honey and ginger tonic have been shown to moderate prostaglandin behavior in the body. Prostaglandins are lipid compounds that are derived enzymatically from fatty acids, which are present in ginger. These prostaglandins are found throughout the body, and are functional elements in almost all organ systems. In terms of heart health, the moderating effects of honey and ginger tonic have shown a propensity to ease blood vessel tension, thereby reducing blood pressure and reducing the chances of conditions like atherosclerosis, heart attacks, and strokes.