Life can get busy. Oftentimes we find ourselves traveling, working hard on projects for a career goals, studying hard for school or otherwise unable to get to our preferred health and fitness facility for a workout.
That’s why we can still do fitness at home or we can find an extra space in school and an extra space in the office jobs. You don’t need a fancy equipment to get a solid workout.
For me, I try to keep myself productive. I bought some simple equipment to get me going for my fitness motivation. Health is so important.
Mixing and matching the body weight exercises provides an all around full body workout. A combination of cardio, strengthening, and toning exercises are sure to make you break a sweat and get those endorphins going no matter where you are.
Some of my Home Workout Tips with or without equipment:
- 1 to 3 miles | find a place like running around the neighbor; go to the park
- sprinting, walking, burpees, jumping jacks, etc.
- Burpees- is good for a full body workout and for cardio as well | 10 reps x 3
- Jumping Jacks- 10 reps x 3
- Jumping ropes- is also good for cardio
- Plank- 30 to 60 seconds | you can do this at the floor or a wall
Lower Body Workout:
- Squats- 15 reps x 3 | you can do lunges, squat jumps, sumo squats, one- leg squat.
- Plank- 30 to 60 seconds wall sit.
- Calf Raises- 10 reps x 3
- Butt Kicks- 15 reps x 3
- Bridge Ups- 15 reps x 3
- Deadlifts- 15 reps x 3 | optional if you have a barbell or dumbbell; if not, you can used a 2 gallon of water bottle.
Upper Body Workout:
- Push up- 10 reps x 3 | you can do this at the floor, wall, bench or chair
- Tricep Dips- 15 reps x 3 | you can do this on the chair or bench
- Seated Dumbbell Extension- 15 reps x 3 | optional if you have a dumbbell; if not, you can used a 1 gallon of water bottle.
- Dumbbell Kickback- 15 reps x 3 | optional if you have a dumbbell; if not, you can used a 1 gallon of water bottle.
- Arm Circles- 10 reps x 3 | optional is you have a dumbbell.
- Bicep Curl- 15 reps x 3 | optional if you have a barbell or dumbbell; if not, you can used a 1 gallon of water bottle.
Core and Abs– workout until you dropped | you can do this by sitting, lying, or standing. Abs workout can do this at least 15 to 20 minutes per day.
- Seated Knee Up
- Raised Leg Crunch
- Crossover Crunch
- Flutter Kicks
- Jack Knifes
- Mountain Climbers
- Russian Twist
- Lying Leg Raises
- Oblique Crunches
- Plank- 30 to 60 seconds
Stretching– is always good before and after your workout. Stretch those inner muscle areas. Otherwise, you can do Yoga after your workout routine. 😉
Without exercise I feel incomplete. Working out helps me going, I feel alive and proactive. 🙂
If You’re Just Starting Out…
It’s important for beginners to form an exercise habit. Doing something daily, even if it’s small, helps with consistency. Set new goals. It’s easy for gym regulars to hit a slump and stop seeing the benefits or having the fun that kept them motivated in the past. Before you start dodging gym dates, find a new challenge: Sign up for a 5K, or plan an active vacation like hiking the Tetons or kayaking, indoor rock climbing and surfing.
It’s always good to have a workout buddy or ask for help with a trainer. That way, you won’t injure yourself .